Friday 9 August 2013

Way Huge Echo Puss with Suhr Modern Custom and Cornford MK50ii

I've used quite a few different delay pedals over the years, and there really is something magical about the Way Huge Echo Puss, designed by delay expert Jeorge Tripps.  It provides up to 600ms of delay from a pair of what Dunlop Manufacturing describes as "gravelly-voiced" bucket-brigade chips. The repeats are certainly dirty - no pristine digital delay-like repeats here.

This video is not exactly a demo of the Echo Puss, but the pedal is on most of the time.  Sometimes the repeats are short and low in the mix; at other times I've used longer repeats with the blend control turned up higher. (You can hear the pedal really kick in at 3:50.)

The guitar is my Suhr Modern Custom with korina body and cherryburst flame-maple top.  I'm playing through a Cornford MK50ii amp head and Marshall Vintage Modern 425A cab with G12C 25 watt Celestion Greenback speakers.  I played a few riffs and jammed through some chords and lead lines.  I just stuck my iPhone infront and played - so no high-tech studio recording gear here!







No comments:

Post a Comment